1.13.2012

TASTING NOTES—2007 Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon


2007 Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon. Where to begin? This wine is simply outstanding. A total knockout, if I could give it a letter grade, I'd give it an A+. As soon as I took my first sip, I thought to myself, "this is the kind of wine I want to make." As I tasted the wine I tried to take it all in, jotting down notes...I didn't ever want to forget its wonderful taste--a truly aspirational Napa Cab.

Wine Spectator, Insider – Hot wines May 5, 2010
Rated 96 points
“A firm, ripe, muscular wine that’s tight, deep, structured, intense and concentrated, serving up a mix of ripe currant, cassis, plum, black cherry and blackberry fruit that’s clean, pure, complex and layered, with touches of anise, cedar and black licorice. Ends with chewy tannins.”

Ever since 1998, Wine Spectator has rated every vintage of Caymus Vineyards between 91-93 points. (With a wine this good, I'm not surprised).

Cheers,
B
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...