1.12.2013

New Zealand Bound!!

I am thrilled to announce that I will be travelling to New Zealand. I have accepted an amazing offer from Church Road Winery for the 2013 Harvest. I plan to live and work in Napier, a coastal city in the Hawkes Bay region, which is on the North Island. Of course I am beyond STOKED for this trip but, more importantly, I see it as a valuable experience in my life and career. The world of winemaking is a community that is large yet interconnected. I have discovered that in order to make great wine, we must learn from others.


I am indebted to the winemakers for whom I have worked for their guidance, patience and generous sharing of knowledge, wisdom and insight. My experiences have allowed me to develop confidence to cultivate my own ideas about winemaking and I plan on exchanging the knowledge I have accumulated thus far in Burgundy, Tuscany, Napa and Sonoma.



And of course, I will go there with the intent of having a good time. Like these guys (from Flight of the Conchords - AKA best show ever):

"New Zealand, Better Than Old Zealand"

Cheers,
B

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Keep an eye out for Bret and Jemaine when you are down in NZ.
    Seriously, congrats and have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...