4.04.2012

The Prisoner -- 2010 Napa Valley Red Wine


I've been wanting to write a review for this one for quite some time now! I finally got my hands on this wine. I've been a fan of Orin Swift's Papillion and was curious to try one of their other well-known wines,  The Prisoner.


Brooke's Tasting Notes  
This wine packs a power-punch of super-ripe berries with a smooth, sweet and supple finish. I have heard this wine is a sure-fired crowd pleaser and after trying it, I believe it! I think that this wine markets to many tastes, like people who like big Zins, a lot of this having to do with the detectable levels or residual sugars. 

Brooke's Rating:  For a sort of hodge-podge of grape varietals + residual sugar wine, I give this wine a B-. I'd drink it again if someone gave it to me (and probably enjoy it) but I don't think its worth the value.
My other recommendation? Splurge a few more bucks and stick with Orin Swift's Papillon or if you can find it, get the Nickel Head.

Composition
44% Zinfandel
26% Cabernet Sauvignon
18% Syrah
  9% Petite Sirah
  2% Charbono
  1% Grenache

Have you tasted this wine? If so, tell me what you think!

Cheers,
B
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...