1.18.2012

Brewery Visit--Stone: Escondido, CA

Stone Brewery

 {Kicking back in an adirondack, soaking up sunshine and sipping on beer....aah :)}

San Diego has a growing reputation for some of the best microbreweries in California, and Stone Brewery is one of them.  I know what you're thinking: why am I writing a review about a brewery on a wine blog? It's all relative. (Plus, beer is cool! Why not?) In fact, this quarter I am taking a beer brewing course, titled "Malting and Brewing Science"--more on that later.  To me, I am fascinated with how things are made, and it is interesting to compare the science of winemaking to the practice of making beer.  

Stone Brewery has a cool, hip vibe with all sorts of yummy ales to enjoy and bring outside in the beer garden, or even inside paired with food at the bistro.  And if you are not a huge beer fan, not to worry! They have a great wine list (yes, I approve!) available at the bistro.

If you go to Stone, I would definitely recommend that you try to catch one of their tours--I found them to be very informative plus it included a complimentary tasting of four beers. 

 
{Loving the unusually warm winter weather outside in the garden}

 
{Soft pretzels +  IPA = awesome pairing}


Prost,
B
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Ah, winter in So Cal and a nice cold beer! Looking forward to another beer blog - about malt and hops and water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just perfect, right? I like your suggestion--keep your eyes peeled for another beer post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...