9.13.2011

TASTING NOTES—Cabernet Sauvignon Hess Allomi 2008

In between my busy interning schedule, I was able to squeeze in a nice visit to Hess Winery last week with another intern I work with at DC.
Located in a desolate forest among the lush hills of the Mount Veeder district, Hess' winemaking practices--both in the cellar and in the vineyard-- are eco-friendly. Plus they have  a multi-million dollar art collection--one of the most extensive art collections in the Valley.
The property grounds are stunning and the contemporary art collection was fascinating. (More info + photos to come) But first, I want to share one of my favorite wines I tried in the tasting room during my visit--the Hess Allomi Cab Sauv vintage 2008. I believe this wine is available in stores and/or most wine shops and not just the winery--so you won't have to go to too much trouble finding it. :)
 __
{TASTING NOTES TUESDAY}

This wine shows dark fruit on the nose: blackberry, dark cheery, and plum. Hints of oaky flavors from the American oak barreling is sprinkled with notes of vanilla bean, working to give way to a complex, intense, yet well-balanced and smooth tannin finish.


Cabernet Sauvignon Hess Allomi 2008
Varietal Composition:
87% Cabernet Sauvignon
12% Petite Sirah
1% Petit Verdot
Appelation: Napa Valley, California   
Alcohol: 14.4%
pH: 3.83
TA: .55g/100mL
Aging: 18 months in American oak (25%)
Retail price: ~$28.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...