12.21.2011

Mexican Wedding Cookies

also known as Noel Nut Balls or Polvorones


With the holidays approaching and Christmas right around the corner, I decided to whip up some of these fantastic holiday cookies.  You may know them as Noel Nut Balls, Russian Tea Cakes or Snowflakes but these are seriously amazing.  And trust me, I made a batch last night and they have already disappeared.  Good with a nice red wine in the evening or with coffee or tea in the morning! 

This recipe yielded perfectly imperfect results.  My advice: these cookies can be too dry if you over-bake them so I recommend carefully following the recipe and baking them for 16 minutes (just under the suggested 18 minute baking time). You'll then be rewarded by the warm, light and crumbly melt-in-your-mouth Christmas goodness that are these cookies. 



Enjoy!
Cheers,
B
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. These cookies are delicious...and I have a confession.
    I ate the last one this morning!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...