4.11.2012

Bonny Doon '11 "Central Coast" VIN GRIS DE CIGARE Rosé- Rad!!

Bonny Doon Vineyards is the product of Randall Graham's hard work over the years. This rosé is a blend of traditional Provençal grapes such as Grenache and Mourvedre with small amounts of Roussanne and Cinsault. This is a seriously fun rosé with the most beautiful pale pink tint.
 

Brooke's Rating: 88 (Super Rad) Like, so rad that I am going back to buy more :)
When I tasted this wine, I thought it had the right amount of acidity to be sofisticated yet still retains the fruit's origins of the Grenache grape.  It reminds me of a true Provencial Rosé, like ones I have sipped over warm summers, relaxing in the South of France. (ahhh)
More info on their website here.

Cheers,
B
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Would have never guessed that Bonny Doon would become so popular in a hipster sort of way. Not a rose' fan, but will try to have an open mind and taste this wine on a warm summer day as an aperitif. Perhaps it will bring back fond memories of sipping French Rose' on ice while looking out over La Mediterranee in Antibes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very true! I like what Bonny Doon has done and from what I understand the winery's reputation has changed significantly since they first began. :) It's good stuff and definitely worth a try!
      Haha so in France they drink rosé on ice??

      Delete
  2. Ah, rose on ice. Brings back memories....of throwing it over the deck every time my friend wasn't looking.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...