5.02.2012

Crazy About Rosé!


{With the warm weather and the bay breeze in the air, it makes me realize there's nothing better than sipping on a good Rosé on days like these}

The other weekend I went to a Rosé tasting with some friends from the V&E program (short for Viticulture and Enology).  We each arrived to the tasting with a Rosé but were instructed to keep the wine bottle wrapped in the paper bag it came in, so that the label could not be seen.  Then, one by one, each of us blindly tasted each wine. Alongside good company, close friends, and yummy snacks, it was a perfect way to spend a beautiful Saturday afternoon. :)

We casually evaluated each wine, comparing each type. Some were Rosés made from Syrah, others Grenache. There was even one made from Malbec grapes. This time I'd like to share with you all the wine I contributed to the tasting, the Ponzi Vineyards Pinot Noir Rosé, mainly because its the one that I liked the best. And surprisingly enough it was the crowd favorite at the tasting. I have to admit, I have the unfair advantage of asking Davis's local wine expert (owner/buyer of local wine shop) his personal favorite. ;) But I am glad I took his advice...because this one is very special and worth checking out!

{A very great, light, rosé with the most beautiful hue of pale pink. Available here}



Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Pinot Noir Rose. It must be a taste sensation! It's on my short list when I go shopping.Riddle me this: what food do you pair with it?
    BTW, as many know, Orwin Swift's 'Prisoner , the zin, cab, syrah blend is a winner. Tried the 'Palermo' and was knocked over by its complexity and balance and righteous individuality for a blend of cabs. Next stop: Mercury Head and Papillon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Chateau de Bean, when I consider food pairings with wine, the best thing to remember is balance. The idea here is to focus on tastes that will compliment each other, enhancing both the food and the wine. The thing about wines like this is that they pair nicely with many, many different kinds of foods! I would imagine rich, cheesy foods would balance out nicely, for example!
      When you open up the Papillon, let me know! Haha I'd like to be there when that happens... ;)

      Delete
  2. The most important thing is that you did enjoy the wine. Opinions of others simply do not matter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope this is not a ponzi scheme to try to get me to be more open minded when it comes to Rose' wines...
    G'day Leon all the way down under in Oz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Leon, this is very true! And yay, I have an Aussie reader of my blog! :)
    @ Denise, HA! clever. Yes, there are some good rose's out there. Remember I only post things that I truly like! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...