3.31.2012

2010 Cote de Brouilly --Chateau Thivin




When I saw this in a local wine shop I couldn't help but get super giddy inside, as it immediately took me back to the time I visited that very winery in France.  It was a wine I simply could not pass up, as I recall very fond memories of my most recent trip to France to this Burgundian winery.
The photos below are ones I saved from my trip to France, circa two years ago:


Brooke's Tasting Notes:  
This 2010 Chateau Thivin, Cote de Brouilly (website here) exudes notes of red raspberries on the nose, with a slight sweet cranberry, lingering finish. I like the fact that this light-bodied, easy-tannic wine really shows the true terroir of the Gamay fruit on the Beaujolais soil from which this wine originated.

Review Date: March 30th, 2012
Region: Burgundy
SubRegion: Beaujolais
Appellation: Cote de Brouilly
Grape Variety: Gamay
Aging: In oak casks for six months


What would you pair with Gamay?


Cheers,
B
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...