3.29.2012

Tamber Bey, Napa Valley -- Wine and Cookie Tasting


image source
On a recent trip to Napa Valley, the boys and I stopped by the Tamber Bey tasting room in St. Helena. It was a real treat and a rather nice way to end the day in the Valley.  We had some promotional coupons and originally entered with the intent to taste just their wines but once we found out that we could have a side-by-side cookie-wine tasting, it was an idea too sweet to resist. ;)
Apparently they have a chef who created the cookie recipes exclusively for Tamber Bey's wines to create a perfect cookie-wine pairing.  While I'm all for pairing food and wine, (see here) the cookies were unbelievably tiny, I almost felt teased by the bite-sized portions. Then again, maybe I just have a big sweet tooth!
 {Our wine tasting line-up. Click for larger view}
I'm always a fan of a big, bold Napa Cab so naturally one of my favorites was their
 2008 Oakville Estate Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon.

 {Small stack of gourmet cookies - 
the bacon cookie was unexpectedly delish!}

{Jeroboam-sized bottles in the tasting room- fun!}

Cheers,
B
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I agree...if they are going to use those Jeroboam's
    the cookies must be larger in size. It's all about proportion. Otherwise, it's just riciculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah too true! I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...