1.27.2012

Cake Pops


Cake pop: [keyk - pop] n. A simply irresistable bite-sized dessert made of balls of cake, dipped in a thin layer of candy melts,  all served on a stick. (AKA, my latest food obsession)


I was lucky to receive a cake pop maker as a Christmas gift and I've been hooked ever since.  Babycakes has made it easier to bake these delicious confectionery creations (As opposed to taking the trouble of baking a cake and mixing it up with a bunch of frosting). This way, I was able to bake the cake pops directly from batter to ball — much cleaner, quicker, and probably healthier, too. After my first time around making them, looked and tasted just right – especially covered in rainbow sprinkles.   For the wine and food pairing,  always make sure the wine is sweeter than the cake: try a late harvest Riesling...or a good ol' glass of milk. ;)

My secret weapon for these bad boys, the babycakes cake pop maker!!! I will never go back. 


Here's a visual guide how I made them. 

1. Cook cake batter for ~4 minutes until golden brown


2. Place them in freezer for 15 min

 3. Dip sticks into melted candy coating before inserting into cake, then wait 5 minutes so they may stand on their own...

...like this!



The cake pop forest in my kitchen. I had fun experimenting with different colors and sprinkles, too:



Enjoy!

Cheers,
B
Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...