10.08.2011

Five things--All Things Bubbly


This week was filled with lab reports, quizzes, long hours of winery work on campus:  punch-downs and pump-overs, yeast inoculations, grape-pressings, Brix readings, wine showers (I literally sprayed my TA all-over with Grenache...haha oops!), a trip to the doctor (cold season came early this year)... I definitely experienced some highs and lows this week. But I’m ready for a carefree weekend, which I hope can include lots of catching-up on rest and chillaxing. :) 
I thought a post with five things to feel bubbly about would be a good way to celebrate the weekend. These images are ones I found on Pinterest that have served as inspiration. 

Happy weekend!

1.  Bubble Parties:

2. Nice additions to an office:

3. Popsicle cocktails:

4. Champagne towers:

5. Great Quotes:
 {...I second that}
Cheers!
-B


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love the hearts and bubbles photo.
    Punch-downs and pump-overs? Please explain...
    sounds alot like Whack-A-Mole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! yes yes punch-down and pump-overs are unique to still red wine blends. (I never actually had the chance to do them at Domaine Chandon--but was able to help out in class this term)
    But it is pretty much a way to mix up the juice in a fermentation tank so that all the skins and excess junk.
    Basically you pump the red wine up from the bottom of the tank and splash it over the top of the fermenting must so that the skins will submerge and the carbon dioxide is pushed to the surface of the must and released.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...